Here are just a few day-to-day things that might make you stressed, anxious or nervous :
- Public speaking
- Exams & interviews
- Important social events
- Personal problems
- Being overly busy
- Work issues
How to deal With stress?
We all get stressed now and then. Diarrhea can be your body’s way of telling you that you’re not coping. But it can, of course, make life even more difficult for you. So it’s best to deal with the causes of your stress first.
- Make ‘me’ time. Create time to relax and recharge; take proper lunch breaks at work; have some quiet time off from looking after the children; read a magazine; listen to some music; have a candlelit bath.
- Get enough sleep. We all perform better when we’re properly rested.
- Share your problems. You know what they say about a problem shared. If you let people around you know what you’re going through, you’ll feel better for having talked to someone and they might even be able to help.
- Exercise. A great way to de-stress, boost confidence and keep your digestive system healthy. Yoga has a reputation for reducing the occurrence of diarrhea, while its breathing and meditative techniques can help you stay calm.
- Diet. Avoid snacking on junk food, as a sugar rush can not only irritate your system but actually increase your stress levels. Instead, choose fruit, vegetables, nuts or oaty snacks and avoid too much alcohol and milk, which can irritate your gut.
- Keep your sense of humour. Laughter is a great stress reducer and also boosts the immune system, which is often weakened by stress.