How to save your holiday from Diarrhea?
Eating contaminated food and drinking contaminated water are the two most common causes of travellers’ diarrhea. So here are some tips on how to stay healthy.
How to Prevent Travellers’ Diarrhea?
Eating contaminated food and drinking contaminated water are the two most likely causes of travellers’ diarrhea. So here are some tips on how to stay healthy.
How to avoid drinking contaminated water
- Always drink bottled water or canned drinks instead of tap water
- Use bottled water, rather than tap water, to brush your teeth
- Avoid drinks topped up with ice cubes made from tap water
- If you’re going swimming, be careful not to swallow any water
How to avoid eating contaminated food
- Check that your food has been cooked properly
- Don’t leave food lying around on tables or sideboards
- Wash your hands with soap before eating
- Try to avoid raw foods washed in tap water
- Avoid eating uncooked meats or seafood
- Avoid eating food from street vendors
How to treat Diarrhea?
Even the most cautious traveler can be caught out. In case that’s you, it’s a good idea to keep IMODIUM® handy so you can treat diarrhea straight away. IMODIUM® works in harmony with your body to help restore its natural rhythm. You shouldn’t think it’s better to let diarrhea run its course or ‘flush’ your system of bacteria. Diarrhea is not a defense mechanism that works to fight infection, but a symptom of irritation and disruption to your digestion. When left to run its course, diarrhea can lead to dehydration, so it’s best to treat it early.